The 10 P's of Packaging Yourself
There are 10 basic P's we can all incorporate into our business personas. Remember the 'mind your P's and Q's' your mother always told you? Well, now we can all achieve that goal, though keep in mind that this is a continuingly evolving process. No one can be perfect on every point. However, it is important to recognise that these attributes are a part of the well-prepared competent professional - with a little practice it could be you.
- Perceptive - you really listen to what people are saying and what message they are intending to convey.
- Performer - you get the job done. Not just occasionally but on time and with credible results.
- Persistent - you never give up. Did you know that a sale is very rarely made on the first contact? Research shows it may take as many as 12 contacts before closure is made.
- Poised - no matter what happens you keep your cool. If a disaster strikes interject a little humour into the situation.
- Prepare - the more you can anticipate and be prepared the better the outcome. You know what you plan to accomplish when you walk out of a room or pick up a phone.
- Proactive - don't wait for opportunities to come to you. Seek them out. Take time weekly to find ways to be proactive about your own persona.
- Productive - we are all short on time, so be productive in the time you assign to any task. Minimise interruptions and keep on track with your assignments. Results count more than the 'show' about getting the job done.
- Purposeful - you have a game plan in mind and aren't blindly running around from task to task. You have short- and long-range plans throughout and actively work to pursue goals and objectives.
- Professional - look and act the part. Be well groomed and well dressed for any situation. You have the necessary business skills and tools to keep ahead of the game.
- Punctual - Be on time for everything. If you are going to be late be sure that someone is aware of the fact you will be tardy.
So if you have your P's in order it's time to get busy 'Packaging Yourself' for success.
Discover the easy way to make yourself stand out from others: how to become an expert in your field, how to write a better resume, how to write a personal press release, how to accomplish things no one else is doing and to get people to think about you in ways they have not thought before and much more including critical checklists for those important business meetings.
This indispensable workbook will show you specific ways to accomplish your personal branding goals and launch your career into the stratosphere. We have done all the work for you with guidelines, cheat sheets and easy-to-use templates to customise for your own use.
So don't put off building your brand any longer. Don't wait till your colleagues get your promotion, rise, or even a better job.
By JoAnn Hines
Order Packaging Yourself now @
If you find that the strategies and tactics in these materials don't work for you or in your business, we don't feel like we should keep your money. We want you to try them for 30 days with zero risk.